Friday, January 16, 2009

OK... So I almost died yesterday....

Hey Everyone... It's Justin...

I just wanted to tell you a little bit about the adventure I had yesterday....


So, yesterday morning on my way to work, i was heading north on I-93 abot 200 meters from the Hooksett tollbooth when i saw an Isuzu Rodeo heading south bound very fast... it was just past the tolls and FLYING down the road... my guess is between 60 and 70 MPH. Way too fast to have just hit the toll plaza. Anyway, the Rodeo looses control and swerves into the northbound lane. The Kia in the lane next to me T-Bones the rodeo and the Rodeo lifts about 10' in the air, still heading in my direction. The back end of the Rodeo passes over the hood of my car missing my windshied, and my definite demise by about 4". The Rode hits the ground just on the other side of my car, skids about 5 feet and then comes to a rest. The only damage to my car was a cracked windshied and a smashed drivers side window that were hit by debris from the other 2 cars impact...

I swear, i literally thought I was going to be smashed....

It kinda makes you think about a lot of stuff when something like that happens....

----JC

6 comments:

  1. Good god man...I hadn't heard about that. Glad you're okay! Do you know if the others involved were alright?

    I guess yesterday was a lucky day for a lot of people...did you hear about that plane that made a perfect water landing on the Hudson river? Everyone survived. The plane went down because of some geese? Damn, geese suck.

    ZM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other drivers were banged up pretty good....I haven't heard if they were OK or not, but I had to preform first aid with the only witness that stopped until the paramedics showed up...

    I'm going to guess the geese didn't make it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your okay!
    So did the 10 seconds or so... slow down to feel like 20 minutes?

    do I hear new car in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid terrorist birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending you great big hugs if you helped the gal in the KIA, she is my best friend & she got banged up pretty badly - broken ankle, possible fracture in the other ankle & a broken wrist. She will be out of commission for quite a while I am afraid. I am glad that you weren't hurt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really glad you're friend is going to be ok! I did as much first aid as I could, but I was a little in shock and not knowing how bad either driver's injuries were I didn't want to move them too much, but i did my best to help your friend. Mostly I made sure she stayed conscience, warm and didn't try to move around until the paramedics showed up. I hope I did enough for her. My prayers are with her and I hope her recovery is quick!

    Thank you so much for giving me an update on her condition. I was very worried when they rushed her off to the hospital.

    I feel a little guilty that I wasn't injured at all, and your friend got hurt so bad.

    Please let me know if I can do anything for you or your friend!

    ---Justin

    ReplyDelete