Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Writing Frenzy

Amidst trying to finish up recording on our debut LP, I have been writing like a mad man. It felt like I had writer's block for quite some time, but now I have writer's dunk. Get it? Okay, so maybe my basketball metaphor is a little lame....RIP Celtics 2009. Hopefully some of these new songs that I am writing will compete for the next album, but they already have stiff competition. Part of me wishes the songs didn't have to go through the cycle of writing, rewriting, practicing, and gigging before ultimately recording them, but usually that's the best way to make sure they stand the test of time and are truly good songs. I always love a song the moment that I write it, even if it's crap. The true test is whether I still like playing it a month later and even several months later.

Some of the new songs that are currently in the works:

1) Assassin Factory
2) Beautiful Liar
3) A Day in the Life of a Nobody
4) Come Alive
5) Time's Not Waiting
6) Detox
7) Start a Fire
8) Apocalypse

Hopefully some of these ideas will come to fruition!

Zac Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment